Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eating Healthy on a budget is fun. Baked/Stuffed Zucchini

So Again inspired by a pinterest pin seen here I set out to try something new. I love squash, almost as much as I love Avocado which is almost as much as I love asparagus... When I saw this pin and this picture of these pretty little zuchinni boats perfectly stuffed to perfection I knew I had to have it. For the most part I followed Kayotic's instructions (and even if I had to the tee this still would have been amazing!) I did everything she did except I added some black beans I didn't even use half a can so the rest are in the fridge waiting for their debut in another meal. I also added Parmesan into the stuffing mixture along with a tad of mozzarella (not much because then I decided when I turned the broiler on I would top it with a tad more cheese) I didn't add Curry because I was too lazy to dig for it, I added a tad of cayenne pepper (thought about topping it with jalapenos and after eating it, I wish I had.) I baked them the same as she did but as I said just before I turned the broiler on I popped some more (not much maybe a TBSP) cheese on the top.

It was delicious, so delicious I ate both "boats" Next time I think I will substitute the sour cream for Cream cheese and add pickled jalapenos to the stuffing. That ought to give it a kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment