Friday, April 13, 2012

Party update #1... Cheesecake stuffed strawberries.

My Jambalaya is done, I made it last night and I am glad I did. I ended up NOT using a slow cooker. I will update that with pictures later and recipe.

So I made my Cheesecake stuffed strawberries this morning. There are tons of these floating on pinterest but I decided the boxed jello cheesecake mix was not good enough for me.



Here is what I did.

I got my strawberries ready, the bigger the better and luckily Strawberries are coming in just south of here. I washed and hulled them and took out any extra that was inside. The bigger ones work best because they are somewhat hollow in the center.

Now the filling.(for topping you will just need graham cracker crumbs) 1 block of Cream cheese (8oz) Softened. about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar (I tasted and added as needed, when the strawberries are super sweet you don't need a lot of sweet stuffing but you can adjust it to your taste preference) 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 tsp of almond extract. Beat these together until smooth and creamy consistency and well combined. Taste now to ensure that you have it sweet enough. Put the filling in a plastic ziploc or a piping bag and pipe the goodness right in the holes in the berries. Once they are all filled on a small plate but your graham cracker crumbs and lightly dip the filled part of the berries in it. I was going to drizzle with some white and dark chocolate but I tasted one (then 2, then 3, then 4 and AB tasted 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 you get the picture) and they were perfect.

I will warn you, make extra and don't make these prior to having breakfast because they will become your breakfast :D

No comments:

Post a Comment