Monday, April 2, 2012

Champagne ginger Chicken Kabobs. Super simple.


This is so super simple that it is crazy! I had to make dinner and my Brother was in town. Our original plan got messed up so I had to make a quick change. I had some chicken breasts. (4 to be exact but they were the super mondo chicken breasts from *gasp* walmart, I know, I know). I was running through the grocery store and thinking ok, marinade-marinade what kind of marinade. I grabbed a bottle of Girards Champagne dressing (normally fairly expensive but there was a little coupon thingy there and it was on sale, still cost me around $3 though)

Now not for the purpose of mixing the two I found this Jamaican Ginger beer (I love ginger beer and used to have it when I was little, it was spicy but cool and refreshing at the same time) I have been searching for some like the old Dr. Browns ginger beers that I drank as a child and had been unable to find anything similar, but that day I happened to look in the international isle and saw this

DG Jamaican ginger beer. So when I got home I started cubing the chicken into good bite sized pieces, I shoved them in a container and opened the dressing, tasted it, it was good but not good enough and I was drinking a ginger beer I thought hmmmmm. So I dumped the entire bottle of dressing and about a half or so bottle of this ginger beer in and hoped it would be ok. (I let it marinade for a good 30-45 minutes)

I lit the grill, placed my chicken on the skewers then on the grill, as soon as I put the chicken on the grill I ladled a bit of the marinade over top the chicken as well so it would dry out. I used charcoal but had it going low and slow. turning the kabobs 4 times (to cook on each side once). Little did I know the amazingness that was about to occur. This stuff was tender, juicy and just oh so good. I am still eating it today (which is the picture I showed at the top) You really must give it a try. I served it with roasted red potatoes, green beans and fresh corn on the cob. It was a Hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment