Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cinnamon Struesel Muffins

So my Cousins came in to stay with me for a few days. I Feed 'em pretty good I think :) We had leftover chili with Chips Thursday night and Seafood Alfredo last night (recipe coming soon). Then last night while we were talking one said how she loved cinnamon struesel so I made a mental note and this morning got to work.

These were so moist and good warm right out of the oven with a tad of butter.

Streusel I eyeballed most of this. (see I told you I eyeball a LOT)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 pads of salted butter (about a TBSP each)

Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2-2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (I actually used a healthy pinch of kosher salt)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled a bit
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, beaten

Heat the oven to 400°F with the oven rack in middle. I used liners but you could just use your muffin tin but spray or grease them generously

Streusel
Combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork or like me use your hands until the mixture is coarse crumbs (some will be larger than others)

Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.

Mix the milk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg in another bowl Make a well into your dry ingredients and Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, only mix until the flour is moistened, scrape down the sides of the bowl, batter will NOT be smooth.

Divide the batter into prepared muffin tins then top evenly with the struesel topping.

18-20 minutes until greatness is done (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, we really need an abbreviation for the toothpick method.)

No comments:

Post a Comment